Information For Your Visit
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment.
- Payment varies depending on the reason you are coming to the Mikvah. Payment is always by cash or check (made out to "The Community Mikvah") - no cards are accepted.
- If you are coming for the final step in conversion, the fee is $180.
- If you are a bride or groom, the minimum donation is $54.
- If you are coming for any ritual purpose, the minimum donation is $25.
- Please DO NOT WEAR:
- Band-aids (can be removed prior to immersion)
- Nail polish
- Please DO BRING:
- A new, unwrapped toothbrush (must still be in the package).
- If you wear contacts, please bring your case and fresh solution.
- If you will be immersing with a child, please bring your bathing suit.
Preparation For Immersion
Proper immersion in the Mikvah requires that each part of the body comes into contact with the water. As an individual descends the steps of the Mikvah and is completely immersed in the water, the fulfillment of the mitzvah is complete. This principal is reflected in the laws that require an individual to avoid any kind of barrier that might prevent complete contact with the water.